of Jacob Felländer
Born in Stockholm, Sweden in 1974, Jacob Felländer studied fine art photography and graphic design at Flagler College in St. Augustine, Florida and then at San Diego State University.
He began experimenting with landscape photography in the late 1990s and by 2004 he had perfected his art using relic film cameras to capture multiple exposures in a single image.
Felländer is widely known for his large- scale abstract photographs of cityscapes and landscapes, captured from around the world. In 2011, Felländer exhibited I Want To Live Closer To You at Fotografiska in Stockholm. He travelled around the world’s most densely populated cities over twelve days, experimenting in capturing the entire world on a single, multi-exposed negative; the result is an effective movement of fleeting fragments of time, space and perspective seized from each city.
In 2012 Felländer began to investigate the introduction of drawing and painting – challenging their relationship with photography. Hamiltons Gallery presented these works in ”Pentimento”, Felländer’s inaugural London exhibition in Autumn 2013 and Camera Work, Berlin presented ”Sticking to my Guns ” 2014.
In 2016 Fotografiska Museum in Stockholm presented his extensive work ”How to Unlock a Portal”. A groundbreaking project containing Virtual Reality, Sculpture, paintings and Photography.
Felländer’s works are held in a number of prestigious collections, including those of President Bill Clinton and the Swedish Royal Family. His work has been exhibited in numerous solo and group exhibitions in Stockholm, London, Berlin, Paris, Los Angeles and New York.
Selected Solo exhibits
- MOCA North Miami – How to unlock a portal
- Fotografiska, Stockholm, Sweden – How to Unlock a Portal
- Camera Work Conteporary, Berlin, Germany – I am Sticking to my Guns
- Hamiltons Gallery, London, UK – Pentimento
- The Maidstone Garden, New York – I want to live close to you
- Grythyttan , Sweden – NOWNOWNOW
- Fotografiska, Stockholm; Sweden – I want to live close to you
- Fotografiska, (c/o Pontus!) Stockholm, Sweden – Choice
- Häringe Slott, Stockholm – Big Sur and NOWNOWNOW
- Foto Galleriet, Visby – NOWNOWNOW
- The Maidstone Garden, New York – NOWNOWNOW
- Raoul Wallenberg Torg , Stockholm – NOWNOWNOW
- Södra Teatern, Stockholm – Butcherd and frozen
- Skanör Stadshus, Skanör – Stand Still
- Stockholm Photofair – Big Sur and Drift with Me (Video)
- Foto Galleriet, Visby – Stand Still and Drift with Me (Video)
- Berns Salonger, Stockholm – Drift with Me (Video)
- Gallery Aronowitch, Stockhom – Stand Still
- East, Stockholm – Big Sur
- Gamla Posthuset, Stockholm – Choice
Selected Group exhibits
- Frieze Art fair London , PAD,– Hamiltons Gallery , London, UK
- Pavillion of Art an Design, London – Featured artist, , London, UK
- Paris Photo – Hamiltons Gallery, Grand Palais, Paris, France
- Paris Photo, Camera Work, Grand Palais, Paris, France
- Paris Photo LA – Hamiltons Gallery, Paramount Studios, Los Angeles, US
- Photomarket – Fotografiska, Stockholm, Sweden
- Paris Photo, Hamiltons Gallery, Grand Palais, Paris, France
- Photomarket, Fotografiska, Stockholm, Sweden
- Fotografiska Galleriet, Stockholm
- Konst Akademien – Aronwisch selected works, Stockholm
- Lars Bohman showroom, Stockholm
- Nobel Prize Award Cermony, Stockholm, Sweden
- Fotografiska Fashion, Stockholm, Sweden
- Fotografiska Grand Opening, Stockholm, Sweden
- JL Gallery – Stockholm